Sunday, July 12, 2009

WEEKEND UPDATE

What a nice weekend we had! Since it's late, I'll just give an update and then write more tomorrow.

Spent two hours with the publishers over the weekend making plans and preparing for the sequel to "The Fields of May." I think we are narrowing down a release date--possibly early December 2009. We are still considering title options, cover options, and other little details, but this meeting felt like a real big step into bringing the next two books into reality. This will probably complete the series and then I'm brainstorming about another one.......plus, I'd like to write a devotional book in the near future. Clint and I have talked of doing one together for couples to use to facilitate husband/wife devotions. Exciting! But that's way in the future at this point.

Yesterday I picked more black raspberries. I think we're up past 7 quarts by now. Most got put in the freezer and there were so many more that I just couldn't pick them all! Maybe there's about one more picking out there; we'll see. We did get rain yesterday morning, but not nearly enough to do what we needed. It did seem to plump the berries up a bit though. I think I've noticed a real correlation between a rainfall and the way the berries look a short time later. I also picked the first batch of green beans and weeded two rows in the garden. We cooked the beans with bacon for supper. Mom put two bags in the freezer and we ate the rest! That's only the beginning. I have a feeling that by Tuesday, I'll be canning beans!

Great time at church today. After the morning service we had lunch with Rhiannon, JT, Kori, and Emma. We got to take naps this afternoon--much needed--and then we got ready for the evening service. Our kids, Rhi and JT and some of their friends have formed a praise and worship group. They led worship for the service and I thoroughly enjoyed it. They are awesome (is it ok for a Mom to brag a bit?) and their attitude is contagious. The Lord will use willing vessels! After they sang, Clint and I did a bit of "tag team" ministry. I spoke on Ezekiel 47, the river that flows from the throne of God, and he followed up with some New Testament passages in Acts. It was a wonderful time of drawing close to the Lord.

After church, some friends came over for ice cream and popcorn. We watched pictures on our tv from their recent Alaskan cruise. We had been invited to go, but just couldn't this time. Now we are really wishing we could have gone since seeing the pics!

I hope you had a wonderful Sunday where you were able to draw close to the Lord in worship and fellowship. Purple coneflowers are blooming! Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment