Wednesday, July 29, 2009

QUESTIONS FOR MY READERS and BIBLE TIPS

Today I have a number of questions for those who read my blog. Please respond with suggestions if you have any. Also a few Bible study tips follow.

I have not thought it wise to engage in many of the garden chores that I usually do since I strained my back. Therefore the gardens have gotten out of control. It's the flower garden that I wonder if there might be some solutions to. The paths have been spread with wood chips for years and the underneath wood has broken down into a wonderful growing medium, encouraging weeds!! Is the only solution to rake it all away and start over with completely new mulch? Just curious. Anyone ever have that problem? Even the black plastic is not what it should be since I've had to pull many weeds that grew right through it and that ripped it in several places. The paths are curved and it was difficult to get the plastic down to start with, so in many places it was loose. Any tips for correctly placing plastic in curving areas? I also tried mulching many areas of the beds to control weeds, but they seemed to poke right through the mulch as if they enjoyed the extra nourishment! Any tips on weed control in the beds?

Otherwise, the flowers are sure pretty right now. At a quick glance all the weeds are not noticeable, so I guess I'm glad for that!

Today as I read the Bible, I was encouraged to make use of the oft-quoted suggestion for when you run onto the word "therefore," to see what it's there for! I noticed that word in the portions I was reading. Asking yourself that question will help you see the connections between thoughts and verses. I also took special note of a chapter that started with a thought that seemed to need connection. When I glanced back at the last verse of the preceding chapter, the meaning was so much more full and obvious. Sometimes the chapter divisions are not in the best places--remember the divisions are not inspired! Hope that helps you in Bible study and that you can help me with garden suggestions! Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment