Friday, July 17, 2009

THE DESIRES OF OUR HEARTS

Such a lovely day we've had here! I got all the housecleaning done that I had planned, picked snipped an canned 10 pints of beans, and did a load of wash. What a great feeling of accomplishment on a Friday!



I thought sure it was going to rain this afternoon and hurried to get the beans picked and the clothes off the line--no rain so far. Lots of ominous clouds, but no rain. Last evening we scurried around shutting windows when we heard a few sprinkles beginning, but it didn't last. We are desperate for rain. I watered my flower garden this morning, but a real good rain would help. It's the vegetable garden that's needing it so desperately. There's no mulch in the rows and that means it dries out in a hurry. I usually pull the weeds around the plants while picking beans, but no sense in doing that today. They were tightly imprisoned in the dry ground and wouldn't pull easily. I've amended that soil quite a bit and still struggle with the clay conditions. I put leaves all over it for two years plus the organice matter from the chicken coop and tilled all that in to no avail. I guess it's better than it would have been without it!



The desires of our hearts--Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." I kept thinking of that verse today after I walked out to the flower garden and took a look at the mystery flower. It's got a definite yellow cast to it today as it begins to mature and open--it's almost assuredly a yellow yarrow. I just thought alot about how much I felt loved by God and how often He has given me the desires of my heart! I know He just delights in His children and like a good Father, He loves to lavish us with things we love just because He is love! (1John 4:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment