Thursday, July 30, 2009

THE LORD IS GOOD

I am so thankful today as I reflect on the progress made around here. I got my measly little amount of beans picked today and some potatoes dug. Both are being featured for supper. It's about time to pull those bean plants out for the year. A new batch will soon bear beans in the other side of the garden. Looking forward to those potatoes!

In amongst the potatoes were some plants I had placed in there a few years ago when I had excess from the landscaping project. They are meadow sage, I'm pretty sure. I dug them up and they were very hardy, having reprodued multiple new starts of themselves. Took them out to the flower garden and weeded some areas and put them in. I hope they grow profusely and fill up some empty spots. Apparently none of you have suggestions for me on the weed problems! I detest using chemicals, so the standard remedies are out. I finally got down on hands and knees and pulled alot of weeds today.

I got one room thoroughly cleaned today that I'd been putting off and washed a huge blanket that will go in our garage sale. I even got a nap as well!

I am so thankful for my back that is feeling stronger and for the beautiful day. I enjoyed working today and am appreciating the fresh stuff from the garden, God is so good! Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment