Saturday, July 25, 2009

EMMA'S PLACEMAT PANTSUIT PICTURE

Hi, again! Here's a picture of Emma in her new outfit that I made her from placemats found at a garage sale; remember I mentioned that long ago? I wish I could have gotten a little better picture, but little ones don't often like to pose very long for granny to get perfect pictures. The placemats cost $2 and that afternoon they turned into a chic pantsuit! Notice the embroidered butterflies on each leg! They were made of a nice linen and were perfectly suited for a child's outfit. I used the scalloped edges to decorate the top and also the back opening which is not visible in the picture.

Today I had a chance to go out and transplant a few "volunteer" hollyhocks. I'm hoping they do well in their new surroundings. They were growing amongst my green beans! Since hollyhocks figure in to the story of my next book, and they're my favorite flower, I will take all of them I can cultivate! Hollyhocks play a small, but important part in the uniqueness of a couple of the characters in the book--I know that sounds weird--you'll understand when you read it, and I hope you do! Hopefully it will be available by the first week in December. I've been doing alot of miscellaneous work on both promoting the first book and editing the second here in the last few days.

My gardens are showing the results of my slowed diligence. I hope to be back at it soon, full speed ahead. Getting a little knitting done, though, since I'm not doing alot of the heavier physical work. I am almost finished knitting the lace shell that I've been so excited about (started more than 2 years ago--how's that for procrastination?). What if I wasn't excited about a sweater????I guess I'd never start one I wasn't excited about in the first place! I tend to put off projects when a new one inspires me. With Emma's outfits, I know I can't do that--she nearly grows out of them before I can get them done as it is! Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment