Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Miscellaneous News

Hi, Friends! Not much to tell around here lately. I haven't done much in the garden. Last evening I picked berries. I am getting about 2-3 servings of raspberries per day, or at least every other day. We got some much needed rain, but we could use more. Everything is stunted in its growth. I also picked green beans. Since the first 10 pints, I've not gotten enough on a picking to can. I think it's the lack of rain that's affecting things.

I only walked out to my flower garden once yesterday. Just looked around for new items and didn't notice any. It's really pretty out there though, and for a few days now the big purple clematis at the front gate has been blooming again. Lots of very colorful flowers are out there right now. It's a sort of bright, electrifying look that the garden currently has, so different from early spring!

I've been knitting rapidly to finish my lace shell that's been under construction for over 2 years. I love this pattern and hope against hope that it will fit when done. I should be able to finish it in a few weeks if all goes well. I'd love to take it with me on vacation. It's a square neck with a lovely lacey pattern across the yoke and a different scalloped lace pattern from the yoke down. It's cream colored cotton blend yarn with a shimmering thread that runs through it. It will be great with skirts. I am so anxious to wear it.

Bought a length of really nice cotton print yesterday for a dress shirt for Clint. I make him western shirts to match his many silk vests. I do shirts with the high collar that buttons up to the top (not tab collars) and they really make a nice old-fashioned western look. This particular cotton is one I had my eye on for a long time. I saw it the day he bought a nice two-toned western jacket. We were on a shopping trip and I matched this up with the jacket. It will make a great dress outfit for winter for him.

I hope you all enjoyed seeing Emma's placemat pantsuit! Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment