Wednesday, September 9, 2009

WRITING

Because I get alot of quesstions about writing, ( and the gardens are pretty quiet right now!) I thought I'd add a little discussion for a few days to my blog concerning how I got started writing and try to answer some of the frequent ??? folks ask.

Question 1: How did you get started writing?

Answer: I always enjoyed creative writing in school and one lesson in particular stands out to me. In sixth grade our English teacher had our "rows" each work on a story. The person at the first desk made the title, the second desk in the row set the time period, the third set the place, the fourth the character, and so on, without consulting each other. We then grouped up and wrote a story from that! It was fun, wildly funny, and VERY memorable! It got me started with loving to work with my imagination.

Question 2: What is your book about?

Answer: So far, all my books are fictional stories about Christian courtship. That's what we discussed for a few weeks on the blog--check all the labels to review that discussion. PS: I finished book three this morning--hooray!

Question 3: How do you go about writing a book?

Answer: With "The Fields of May," I saw one scene (in the middle of the book) in my mind and wrote the whole book around that. The same thing happened with book three and now book four--the outline of which I completed yesterday--hooray again! Usually I write scenes and then fill in the details to connect them. Book three was so far the easiest to write. It's the first I've done directly on the computer. "The Fields of May" and "A Sturdy Fence" were handwritten in journals over a ten year time period and I transcribed them onto the computer just in the last few years. NEVER AGAIN--IT'S ALL ON THE WORD PROCESSOR FROM NOW ON!

I'll answer a few more questions tomorrow. If you have one, please ask me by leaving a comment, I'll try to answer. Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment