Monday, December 7, 2009

VACATIONING PRODUCTIVELY

Hi, everyone! I hear we are in for a big storm here in southeast Iowa tomorrow afternoon/evening. I want to meet with another friend tomorrow and hope it holds off until we can have lunch together and do a little shopping.

We are still having such fun here! I wish I could share pictures. I will certainly try to post them as soon as I get home. My old high school friend came to see me today and we shopped for a long while in a thrift store. I got a nice sweater and she got a real bargain on jelly jars for Christmas gift giving. I was kind of aggravated after finding a sack of rubber stamps at the thrift store--one of which had hollyhocks on it. I looked diligently for a stamp with hollyhocks back home in one of the biggest stamp stores around for use in making cards, labels, etc. for "A Sturdy Fence," which has hollyhocks on the cover and hollyhocks figure into the story. Well, too bad the stamp had a saying on it that didn't match the book at all, rendering it useless to me! Oh, well, my friend and I visited the whole afternoon, taking the once/year opportunity to really catch up on news.

So nice to be able to relax and get away from the daily routine. I am getting lots of needlework done and that is a great feeling. Trying to spend time with the Lord as well. I got to listen to some great teaching tapes today while walking. So I'm using my vacation time productively!

No comments:

Post a Comment