Friday, December 11, 2009

PICTURES FROM OUR IOWA TRIP







The heart of her husband safely trusts her; So he will have no lack of gain. She brings her food from afar. She is not afraid of snow for her household, For all her household is clothed with scarlet. Proverbs 31:11,14,and 21

Here are a few pics from our Iowa trip. I chose the verses from Proverbs because I felt they wrapped up some themes from the pictures. Picture number one is the "carrot canning operation" that my friend and I undertook! (She brings her food from afar!)These carrots came all the way from Michigan to Iowa! My friend is a true Proverbs 31 woman. She sees to it that nothing goes to waste around her household. She's very diligent to can and freeze lots of stuff for the winter and economize. It was a privilege to help her in this endeavor. We had a great time!

Picture number two was taken during the big blizzard. The winds howled all day long!

Third picture was taken along the interstate the day we drove home. Either this one or the next one was taken near Colona, Illinois. We are from COLON, Michigan!

The last "snow" picture reminds me of "Fields and Fences" because that's just what it is. I was trying to capture the lovely look that the new snowfall gave to the fields in the area. "She is not afraid of the snow, for all her household is clothed with scarlet."

The last picture is of me in the green dress--finished! This picture is taken in my living room. We arrived home safely on Thursday evening after joining the chaplaincy board in Indiana for supper. We just stopped on our way home and ate a nice meal with our fellow board members and still got home and all unpacked before 10:30 pm. That was pretty good!

While in Iowa I finished lots of projects. One was the green dress. Also finished plying all my original handspun yarn from the brown Corriedale. I finished a sampler on the way home, but decided to remove a few stitches. A quick few minutes some time will complete that. I also finished three tatted cross bookmarks and one side of the lace panel cardigan I've been knitting. It was a very productive trip for me!

The Lord's been showing me some really neat things this week as I took time to read and meditate on scriptural truths. The extra quiet time away from the normal routine was conducive to receiving some spiritual insight, I believe. I have a speaking engagement on Sunday--at our church! Pray for me if you think of it. Thanks for sharing my trip pictures. Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment