Sunday, December 6, 2009

SUNDAY ENCOURAGEMENTS

I sure wish I could show you the pictures of the lovely carrots I helped can yesterday! We did 21 quart and they looked so pretty in the jars! I drove all the way back from my friend's house alone, with no cell phone. I missed the exit I needed and had to turn around--a little scary out here where I don't really know my way around. But the Lord was with me and I got back just after dark. I really didn't want to be out several miles from where we're staying when I'm unfamiliar with the territory.

I am getting so much time to do projects while here--time I never seem to find at home! I spun last night and finished all the natural brown Corriedale roving that I had. Then I "plied" it, meaning that I twisted two strands together to make a 2-ply yarn. Got that all done with just a little brown left. I took the small bit of rose Corriedale I had spun and plied it to the rest of the brown making a bi-color that is lovely. Today I will start spinning more of the rose color. I may finish hemming the green dress as well.

It is "still" here today--very unusual. Hardly any wind. It will make my walking easier. I missed exercising yesterday and must get a walk in since we're eating too well!

Enjoyed visiting our friends' church this morning. We are getting to be "regulars" there from our many visits. I know so many now as friends and it's always good to greet the people. We went out to lunch with some dear friends from there after church and enjoyed a great time of fellowship over a very good meal.

I hope you had a really good Sunday, worshiping the Lord! The sermon we heard this morning was all about praising the Lord. It was very encouraging. A verse, Psalm 27:13 has been running through my mind for days. It says, "I would have lost heart unless I believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Let me make a few comments on this verse. David was a man of praise. I believe his practice of entering into frequent, heartfelt praise enabled him to look beyond his circumstances to hope and believe that he would see God's goodness in the midst of the earth. It's like he is saying that he will see God's power yet in this life, not only waiting for heaven or eternity to experience God's greatness.David was a man ahead of his time. He was an Old Covenant saint who often experienced the Spirit of the Lord "upon" him. It was so different for the believer back then. The presence of the Spirit of the Lord did not indwell every believer like He does now. The Spirit came "upon" people from time to time. But David had a hope and faith that was different. He was called a man after God's own heart. I am sure this verse that he penned could be an encouragement to us today. With all the negative things that are going on in our day and age, (challenged economy, governmental issues, etc., etc.,) we could get very depressed. We need to believe that we will yet see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. I believe we do see His goodness every day if we will only be aware of it! Yet, we have hope for more and better things or we would "lose heart" as David described. Be encouraged by believing in the God of the Bible who longs to show His power on earth! Blessings from Iowa, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment