Tuesday, December 8, 2009

FILIGREE FROM THE FIELDS

The lambs will provide your clothing, and the goats the price of a field...Proverbs 27:28

We are getting the first flakes and flurries of a winter storm here in Iowa! I headed out this morning to shop and meet a friend for lunch. I'm really glad I shopped first and not after lunch! It was really the safer option to head home after lunch!

I went to one of my favorite shops this morning. It is an antique shop that also has a yarn nook. I purchased a good amount of wonderful merino/silk wool to spin, (thus the title of this post--Filigree From the Fields--before wool becomes yarn it roams around in the field!) To think that something so beautiful as this merino was once in a "field" is interesting indeed! I intend to make a lace scarf or gloves knitted from this spun merino. That will be the "filigree from the field!" It is beautiful! I had a great conversation with the proprietresses too! What sweet ladies and such an enjoyable visit!

I hope you are having a wonderful day and will enjoy being home if you are getting caught in the snowstorm that is raging across the midwest today! Can't wait to publish pictures once again--pictures of our wonderful winter trip to Iowa!

No comments:

Post a Comment