Thursday, October 1, 2009

SMALL CHANGES




The middle picture is Clint helping me get all the stuff out of the English Garden and into the barn for the winter--Beverly Hillbillies style!!


Well, here is the garden in the fall...so much different from the pretty spring pictures just a few months ago.

Today was a very productive day. I got so much done I can hardly believe it! After cleaning the church this morning, I took a little break and headed for Sturgis to sit and knit with the ladies from the Spinners and Weavers guild. What fun! Afterwards I came home and helped Clint with preparations for winter in the yard and gardens. He had mowed the lawn and since he had the tractor out, I took advantage of the opportunity to get some things hauled into the barn. The "stuff" from the English garden had to be brought in for winter. We got most of it in two loads--only a few more things to carry in. I took the curtains down and washed them. That's why the center "bed frame" looks so bare! Time to put them away til next year!
As well as all the hauling I got many of the pathways weeded and a few of the beds. I picked the last of the tomatoes and dug the last row of potatoes. Found a few more stray onions as well. Clint mowed over the garden leaving just the raspberries and a few tomatoes that looked like they had some potential yet.

So much has changed in such a short time. As you can see from the pics there is not much blooming and things look dry and old. Only a few months ago this garden was vibrant with life. I thought alot today about how things can change very rapidly. It reminded me of the theme of my talk that I'll be giving on the 10th of October. I want to challenge the listeners to learn to "hear God." This, of course, starts with having a good foundation in the scripture. As I was studying the other day for this upcoming event, I realized that I had several verses in the Proverbs underlined. When I grouped them all together, I realized that over the course of nine chapters (13-21) there are many scriptures that address work, diligence, and prospering. If you were reading only a chapter a day for your devotions, in a little over a week you'd have gleaned a really good work ethic just from these few chapters in Proverbs! If you diligently thought about these verses, and put them into practice, it would change the way you live--and all in 9 days! Wow! Think of it. A lot of little changes go along way! Next time you get your Bible out and read, remember how the word of God is changing you and alot of little changes make a big change in a short time! Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment