Monday, October 5, 2009

TIDBITS OF NEWS AND ANOTHER CLUE

I'm taking a short break today from posting anything very deep! I had a big, tiring day. After getting two loads of laundry hung out, a friend and I went to the apple orchard and we purchased fruit. I bought two bushels for making applesauce plus a few grapes and some squash. Will probably start canning the sauce this week. We also ended up going grocery shopping and getting in on some really good deals. It was two o'clock before we got home.

I started right in on outdoor work once the groceries were put away. Clint ran the tractor and we got most of the rest of the lawn furniture in plus all the dishes that I put in my English garden. I washed them, although not real well and put them in baskets for the winter.

Clint and JT had quite a morning. They went out hunting first thing and didn't see any deer. They came in for breakfast and then took the tractor back out to the back of the woods to set a ground blind. As they stood there working two big, nice bucks jumped out of the cornfield just across from where they hunt and headed for the neighbors' property. Talk about two disheartened guys!

After the yard work was done I baked banana bread and tried to can some stewed tomatoes for which I had no recipe. They all sealed but I don't know how good they'll be. Just an attempt to use the very last of the tomatoes. I got 5 pint and a half jars. I had already put a chicken stew made from leftovers in the crock pot in the morning and so supper was basically ready. JT, Kori, and Emma stayed and we ate chicken stew with dumplings. Seemed it took forever to get the kitchen cleaned up. Everyone around here is complaining of tiredness, backaches, and sore muscles. Rhiannon's been putting in 12 hour days for a couple of weeks with the harvest and she's got sore muscles from sorting corn. In addition to all the normal duties of a week, we are pushing to get outdoor work done before the snow flies. It seems like summer turned into a very cool fall overnight. It's been damp and kind of dreary.

I'm getting ready for my little talk on Saturday for a local ladies' chaplaincy group from one of the factories. I am excited, but am pushing each day to get everything ready for Saturday morning. I wish the sequel to "The Fields of May" had been out before then, but that just won't happen. A lady asked me about it today. She had just finished the first book and was wanting to know where to get a copy of the sequel! That thrilled me! Praise the Lord for the book being something that people can appreciate. I hope it ministers to many folks before it's all said and done!

Today's clue: The thing that is coming to my house would have been appreciated by the woman of Proverbs 31, although I don't think it had been invented yet then. Read the chapter carefully and think about what she was doing. She used a different method to accomplish the same task! Care to guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment