Wednesday, October 7, 2009

MAKING APPLESAUCE, A RECIPE SUGGESTION, MY NEW BOOK COVER AND MORE CLUES!

Today was a wonderful day around here! Rhiannon had the day off. After a couple of weeks of 12 hour days, this was welcome! She and I headed to Kalamazoo to do some shopping. I had a few items to pick up for my speaking engagement on Saturday.

I had intended to do applesauce today, but when I found out this was the alternative--you guessed it--I went to town! Actually I hurried and canned 6 quarts of the best applesauce after we got home. I fixed a good main dish for supper and made it to church on time--all this was done between 4:30 and 6:45 when we headed over to church! I was pretty happy about that!

Yesterday I got the first pictures of the cover for my new book, "A Sturdy Fence." This was very exciting! I really like it! After all the hard work of writing a book, choosing and approving the cover is like the icing on the cake! This book picks up where "The Fields of May," left off, but deals with lots of little things that can go wrong in a courtship! I hope you'll all want to read it. I think there are several encouraging things that anyone can glean from this story.

I want to comment on a scripture that I've been meditating on. I'm going to include it in my talk on Saturday. It's Proverbs 21:5 "The plans of the diligent lead surely to plenty, But those of everyone who is hasty, surely to poverty." This scripture reminds me that if I want to prosper, I have to make good plans and goals and stick to them. It is a rare person that gets rich by accident. Of course, getting rich is not the goal here, but you don't even make a decent living by accident. It takes work. It takes plans and diligence. It's another one of those things that only time will reward. You do all this little stuff day by day and eventually you look back and say, "wow, I accomlished all that!" (Things like making applesauce year after year or saving in a bank account!).

Today I held in my hands some of the "other materials" that will go along with the "thing" that is coming to my house. I found out it will be in tomorrow. I will not get it until Friday, most likely. It comes from a long ways away. Some assembly required! Do you have a guess what it is?

Today's recipe suggestion: The other night we had chips and salsa. We had some leftover cheese sauce and added our own cheese to it for a taco bar last night. I made taco meat as well. Tonight I took the leftovers--the taco meat, the cheese mixture and added it to boiled macaroni. I added a little milk for consistency and had the most wonderful homemade hamburger, taco, macaroni stuff you could imagine. It's a great quick dish for using leftover taco stuff! Try it! We had a little of the leftover applesauce as well. I didn't have quite enough to fill a 7th jar and that went well with the homemade taco macaroni.

Hope you enjoyed today's scripture thoughts, recipe and CLUE! Baa, baa black sheep, have you any wool?! Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment