Tuesday, October 13, 2009

QUICK NEWS

We have been busy...I mean way busy around here this week. We are trying to squeeze a 3-day vacation in real quick. We have plans to go up north with friends to see the autumn color. We are leaving on Thursday and will be back late Saturday.

I can hardly pack in all the stuff I need to do before we leave. Then I have only 10 days after we get back before Rhiannon and I head to Tennessee. I'm so looking forward to that trip that I want to have all my chores done as much as possible so I can forget them and relax in the south--my favorite place!

I have a few pictures I hope to post on here before we leave to show you the one big task we were up to around here in the last week. It's all done now--thankfully! The reason I put so few pics on is because our system is so slow that it literally takes me hours to post several pics. I cooked supper one night while babysitting the computer while it loaded them. It's a big job!

The one really big chore on my mind is "A Sturdy Fence." As happened with "The Fields of May," you get to a point where you are scrambling to make sure everything is just as you want it before the book goes to print. That's where I'm at. It's been proofread, checked and re-typed, but I just get these little last-minute thoughts that need to be added. I am re-reading again and setting everything in order in a mad rush to get it to the publisher! They assured me this morning that I'm ok and can take my vacations and relax! Phew! That's good!

Will write more soon, hopefully with pics. The surprise item is getting a second coat of tung oil! No guesses yet? Clue: part of it is round. Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment