Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Today was a busy day around here again. Clint and I had a cleaning job to do this morning and when that was over we treated ourselves to lunch in town. After a little shopping we came home to prepare for Wednesday evening prayer meeting--that meant me getting a quick supper fixed and him doing more polishing and studying on his teaching.

This morning I was really concerned about going to do a cleaning job as I had hurt my back yesterday and it was giving me much pain. Clint prayed for me before we left. I had a hard time bending over this morning or tying my shoes. I actually wore a back brace to the job, and was basically miserable the whole time I was there. If you know me very well, you know this is totally not like me. Well, I'm happy to report I have received a touch of healing from the Lord. I began to feel better this afternoon and got so much better that I went out and picked two rows of strawberries before we went to church! Praise the Lord! I am so thrilled with God's gracious care for me.

We got about two quarts of berries off the rows this afternoon. They were quite nice, but obviously we need rain. They were fewer and smaller in comparison to the last picking two days ago. I am hoping for rain sometime tomorrow. I plan to plant a few new perennials and need them to get soaked well after they get in the ground. That's always the best scenario.

I was reading some in the Old Testament this morning and found the passage where the Israelites were begging for meat to eat during their wilderness journey. I realized that discontentment is actually a lack of faith. It's like saying God isn't doing enough in response to your circumstances. This is so displeasing to God. It prompted me to check my attitude and determine to be joyful even in adverse circumstances. Wow, what wonderful blessings today!

I hope to post some pictures of the English Garden in the next few days. It is putting on quite a nice show right now. Some flowers that I can't name just opened today. They are a fuzzy leaved, silver color with a flat four or five-petaled flower in bright fuschia/burgundy. I love them. Also blooming are the pale pink old fashioned roses, lots of sweet william, violas, some iris, daisies, coral bells, canterbury bells in pink and purple, yellow columbine, all colors of delphinium, pink verbascum, white and pink yarrow, various other roses, clematis, love-in-a-mist, gazanias (??I think that's what they're called) yellow daylilies, meadow sage, dianthus, etc. I accidentally killed some of my favorites--liatris--while trying to eradicate poison ivy. I bought a nice new healthy one today to help fill in. I also purchased another color of dianthus.

Hope your day was a wondeful as mine, Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment