Saturday, June 27, 2009

FORSAKE NOT THE ASSEMBLING OF YOURSELVES TOGETHER

What a fun day I had today! We were invited to a baby shower this morning and so Rhiannon and I started the day off with a nice visit with old friends at that event. As soon as we were done we headed home to prepare to go to a graduation reception. Clint was still working, so I got a nice nap before we left for that open house. That was nice as well. More visiting and lovely food.

When we got home, I proceeded with the next steps in a new project--paper making! Yes, that's right, paper making. Actually it's a bit more like paper recycling. I had my mother in law shred a whole garbage bag full of newspaper for me as the raw material to begin the project. I had checked a book out of the library that tells how to make paper. I will be using dried flower petals and herbs to enhance the papers. It's a very interesting process, but I'm only part way through. I need a few more materials that I wasn't able to scrounge together yet to finish the procedure. I'll report on how it goes as soon as it's done. I got interested in doing this when I used a lovely piece of stationery purchased from a ministry. I am sure it was homemade paper and was not only beautiful, but looked so elegant when written on.

I also cut out a blouse today. After cleaning the winter clothes out of my closet the other day, I realized I am woefully short on summer clothing. However, even though the blouse was going together so well, it appears not to fit. I am not sure I can fix it. Oops. This happens often to me and I usually can rig up a way to make it work--this time I'm not sure. I'll finish it and hope that by some miracle before it's all said and done it will work out in the end.

I'm also working diligently on my second book. I am really hoping to get it published along with the third in the series by the end of the year or first of next year. I am just a few pages from finishing typing all that I had written. Only a chapter or so remains to be written to fill in an empty time frame. I talked to the publisher the other day and began to make plans for the preliminary things that have to be done to get the process started. The third book is all together in my mind, but only about half or less written. Did anyone of you that have read my first book find any clues that are in "The Fields of May" that suggest the story line for the sequel? Just curious.


After the sun dipped behind the woods a bit, Rhi and I sowed two more rows of green bean seed. I am hoping for these rows to flourish. I'm a bit disappointed in the four rows I planted earlier. They didn't come up in spots and that concerns me. I need to have plenty ripening at a time so that it's worth running the canner. We are almost out of canned beans and I was depending on these to fill the shelves for winter.

I think we are finally at the end of the strawberry crop for the year. It was a bumper crop around here. We got several quarts for ourselves, a pie, and many to eat fresh as well as selling eight quarts to a friend. That doesn't even include the many beautiful berries that went to waste from too much rain, too little sun, too much sun, and etc. I guess that can't be helped.

What's blooming in the garden? Lavender is in full bloom around the house landscaping and the Bluebells of Scotland that JT got me for mother's day have begun to open. This is very exciting since it's a flower I've never tried raising before and it looks so healthy. Also a pink speedwell is blooming. I really like those short little flowers. And....oh! I was very excited to see the perennial baby's breath that I planted last year open up. It's a lovely cloud of white in the first little bed inside the garden gate. It welcomes you to the garden very nicely. Mom finished painting the pieces of the baby crib I got for free a few weeks ago. I will probably get them up in the garden tomorrow or Monday. She's repainting my wicker end table that sits out there. She also finished painting our patio set and bought us a new umbrella! Wasn't that a blessing?!

We have a busy day tomorrow at church with a fundraiser event in the evening. There will be a corn toss tournament and lots of food and fellowship. I am looking forward to that. As Christians we need to get together often. Two of the couples from church that have been gone for two weeks on an Alaskan cruise will be returning tonight and we look forward to seeing them again as well. Being with friends and fellowshipping is a wonderful thing. The Bible reminds us in Hebrews 10:24-25, "And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching." Enjoy your Sunday, hopefully with your church, family, and friends. Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment