Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It was certainly a pretty day here in Michigan. I am loving the weather, not too hot. Just perfect for me. We finished a big housecleaning job today. It's always so nice to finish a job and have the satisfaction of the completion.

We also made one more step to finishing the wall in Mom's kitchen--we bought the board to go between the paper and the painted section. Hopefully before the week's out that will be completed.

I sold a few more perennials today and potted up some new ones. It's fun to see my extras get homes and me get $$$. As for the gardens, besides potting some new starts, I did some minor weeding and watered the veggie garden. I intend to till tomorrow and so with our hard, clay soil I needed to water tonight. Most everything is up; beans (the last row I planted is trying to push through) potatoes (a few still popping up), and onions. I also planted a few pepper plants and some squash today. After I till in the morning I hope to plant a row of "dry" beans for use in soups, etc. Also I have a few packages of herbs I may try to fit in here and there. They were free and I might as well plant them and see what comes up! After that the garden planting will be all completed, as far as I can tell at this point.

It seemed like today was all about completion--the job, the garden, the new wall decor. I am a person that tends to put things off especially when it comes to projects. I currently have at least 4 knitted sweaters under construction, more sewing projects than I can count that are unfinished, crocheting projects the same, at least 4 embroidery projects, etc., etc., etc. The list goes on and on. That's not to mention all the projects in my mind that I WANT to do and haven't started. I have a cupboard full of fabric that was mostly purchased with certain yet unfinished garments in mind! I have two books in the works that are in partial stages of completion and several more in the mental development stages! Many household chores like spring and fall cleaning projects that are pressing to be done and more decorating that I'd like to eventually see finished. Wow, it could be overwhelming!

I would like to discipline myself to be one who completes what I start. It's a mark of maturity. God has alot to say about "completion" in the Bible. Consider Philippians 1:6, "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;" God does not start things and then not finish them. If you have trusted Christ as your saviour, you are a work in progress that God will be faithful to bring to completion. What about the times when you feel "incomplete?" The word declares in Colossians 2:10,"and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power." (Clint is currently teaching on Wednesday evenings from the book of Colossians and it's really been good!)You are both complete in Him and being assured of the good work begun in you being brought to completion. It's a win/win situation!

I have often heard Clint and other favorite evangelists speak of "finishing well." There are those personalities in the Bible that finished well and those who did not. I want to be one who cooperates with the discipline and leading of the Lord so that He is pleased with my progress. I hope to write more tomorrow on "finishing well." Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment