Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Beauty, Bounty, Blessings

Let's talk about BEAUTY, BOUNTY, and BLESSINGS! Clint helped me with a cleaning job today. Together we logged in about 9 1/2 hours and we're not done yet! I was so glad he was there to help me, otherwise this would have been a job that took me several days to complete. We will try to finish it tomorrow. In this economy, we are thankful for the job--BOUNTY, BLESSING.

After I got done with the cleaning, I headed home and hurried to prepare my supplies for tomorrow. My mom, God bless her, had done my laundry and had it all folded neatly--BLESSING. As well as that, she had found someone who was more than willing to give me a start from an old-fashioned yellow rose in their yard. The rose was waiting for me to plant when I got home--BEAUTY, BLESSING.

I knew when I got home that I had to take time to pick the strawberries. I was afraid if I waited one more day, I'd lose some. I think I picked about 2 1/2 quarts of the ruby red berries. They were just wonderful--BLESSING, BOUNTY. This is the second picking so far-BOUNTY.

After I got done with that Mom washed and hulled them all getting them ready for the freezer--BLESSING.

Rhiannon made supper while I had been picking the berries and she concocted a wonderufl dish of something like homemade chicken helper. She used a leftover chicken breast that I had cooked along with two others yesterday. We also made chicken salad out of them. Supper was delicious--BLESSING, BOUNTY.

Today we learned by e-mail that some of our ministry friends were in a very serious accident and while they and their animals that happened to be with them were unhurt--BLESSING--much damage was done to their vehicles and belongings. They are trusting the Lord to use His people to help them recover the items that make for their means of ministry and I was reminded of my own BOUNTY and that I might want to think about BLESSING them.

After supper I found time for a little walk. I shortened the walk as I just suddenly ran out of steam about halfway through what would be my normal distance. I did notice the incredible BEAUTY of the roadside wild flowers that are currently blooming. There are lots of what I would suspect are wild phlox. They are tall and range in color from white to dark lavender. A large group of them was blooming in a wooded area amongst wild berry bushes. The berry bushes are currently flowering in a lovely white. Mixed together this made the most lovely scene. Just breathtaking BEAUTY.

My garden is currently exhibiting the most exciting array of colors. There are burgundies, pinks, roses, whites, purples, lavenders, and a bit of yellow. BEAUTY. Also blooming in BOUNTY are a new favorite--meadow sages--I think the other name may be blue salvia, but I'm unsure. I put them in the landscaping around the front and back two years ago and they are now huge. I love their purple spires and full, abundant look-BOUNTY.

I couldn't help thinking about the verses in Romans chapter 1 as I was walking this evening, enjoying all of the BEAUTY in God's creation. This passage declares that men are without an excuse that will be justifiable in saying they didn't realize that God existed. Beginning at verse 19 the passage reads, "because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse."

I thank God I can live in a place that has scenic beauty. Michigan in the spring and summer is a lovely place. I am reminded by the BEAUTY of my surroundings that it is God who provides us with many BLESSINGS and BOUNTY! BLESSINGS, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment