Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pittsburgh

Clint and I recently made a trip to a church in southern Ohio to preach. Our host and hostess, the pastor and his wife, (old friends and classmates) treated us like kings! They took us on a riverboat cruise and dinner in Pittsburgh! How lovely. We especially enjoyed the skyline!

The trip was wonderful. We were warmly received and generously treated. This church really knew how to make you feel loved. Clint and I both spoke on Sunday morning and the people were very responsive. Right before I spoke I was sitting and praying. I had something in mind to say, but suddenly something else came to me. I believed that was an indication from God to change the course a bit. Sure enough I suddenly had an accompanying scripture pop into my head and I used that to add to my few remarks. Many people came up to me afterward and thanked me for what I had to say and one in particular confirmed that it was just what they needed. Glory to God! I love experiences like that!

I hope you enjoy a bit our trip with us in case you never have the chance to go on a riverboat tour of Pittsburgh!

2 comments: