Monday, May 17, 2010





Friends: Just thought I'd post a few pictures while I am able to do so. These are what my gardens look like right now. The first is a picture of the border beds that line our driveway. Next is the new raised-bed veggie garden. Still a bit more work that needs to go into that one. I have pole beans to plant and other flowers around the "teepee." I had just watered when the picture was taken. I also will be mowing down the scraggly rows in front where strawberries used to be. We hope to put up a new birdhouse as well. Holllyhocks are planted along the back fence. I will also put cucumbers and squash back there. It doesn't show, but there are several rows of potatoes in front and back of the raised beds.

Next is the English garden. I think it's the prettiest time of year for this garden. Each year the garden changes. I am working on making garden stones to decorate the pathways. I've also begun a project of lining the paths with bricks instead of mulch. Expensive and slow work. It will be done years from now, I suppose! Still have some work to do in getting all the yard furniture out.

I hope you enjoy my garden. Currently blooming: iris, violas, forget-me-nots, daisies, coral bells, columbine, and many more just about to pop! Wish you were here to take a footpath tour! If you are ever in my area (for all you distant friends!) please contact me for a garden tour!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're getting good use out of my curtains!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You took and posted these pictures all by yourself! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kori: Thank you for the curtains! Rhiannon: Just wait til you get old and the technological and electronic world leaves you in the dust! Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful gardens!! Thank u for sharing here and on Sunday. U both were a blessing. Thank u for visiting us at New Life...

    ReplyDelete