Saturday, August 1, 2009

SOME NEW PICTURES

Here is a shot of the English Garden in it's current high-voltage colors! That's Daisy's favorite toy, a ring hanging up atop that shepherd's hook where the bird house is. I hung it there last year when she and I headed out for a walk around the perimeter of the property. It's never been removed! She hurt her leg playing too vigorously with someone who was throwing the ring for her and ended up with an operation and cast from which she is just now recovering after many months. Best it just stays there for now!


Here are some of the results of a day of berry picking. The blackberries were unbelievably thick and huge on the property this year. Their taste is a bit different from the black raspberries, but they make wonderful jelly! Here Mom is holding up a colander of them. The 5 qt. pail was nearly full and I didn't even begin to pick all that was out there!
We got a little rain late this afternoon and that was again, welcome. Hope you all enjoy the pictures! Blessings, LORI

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I didn't have to pick the berries. I'd rather play in the corn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose that the corn job has its down sides, but berry picking does too. I've got scratches and black looking fingers as well as a few thorns I've pulled out of my fingers. If you want to help pick berries, I'll take any help I can get!

    ReplyDelete