Friday, August 7, 2009

More Busyness!

The week has only gotten busier! Wow, it's been interesting. We decided to have a garage sale and it was very busy yesterday and quite good sales. Today, Friday, which is usually the best sale day, saw business dropping off to near zero. Another person hosting a sale down the road reported the same thing! Well, at least a few items are gone from the house and for that we are thankful.

Part of the busyness came from learning we are receiving out-of-state company arriving Sunday, quite unexpectedly, I might add. I am thrilled to have them come visit. It will be such fun, but I knew it meant some preparation since I needed to arrange two guest areas. We have only one formal guest room and so the basement has to double as a guest room also. That meant two hours of cleaning and preparation down there yesterday. I finished the main floor today. The entire house is in need of a good, deep, spring-style cleaning, if you ask me and I used this as an excuse to clean a bit more thoroughly than the usual week to week. Seems good to have it done!

Today was my mom's 80th birthday. I think she is wondering a bit why no one threw a party for her. WELL.....shhhh! We are having one on Sunday after church and it's a surprise. That's why the out of state company is coming! We just can't tell her yet and I hope she doesn't think we completely overlooked her! It will all be evident Sunday!

I did manage to take my own advice and work on the knitted lace shell whiel watcing a ministry program on tv. I nearly finished it today. I got it all sewn together yesterday and now I'm just doing a little crochet edge finish on the neckline and sleeves. If I get it done tomorrow, I'll block it overnight and wear it Sunday to church. It fits pretty nicely and I was thrilled with that.

Hope you are having a productive week. I certainly am. Busy, but accomplishing! Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment