Tuesday, August 18, 2009

QUICK NEWS

Just wanted to post a quick note to tell you all of my busy day! I'm taking a break from the courtship articles, though I plan to return to them tomorrow if time permits. I have been looking up related scriptures on the subject and did that for a portion of my devotional time this morning.

We were busy all day. After going with Clint while he got a haircut, we met Rhiannon for lunch. She brought me home and Clint went to do some pastoral visiting. I had to come home since I had gotten out several pounds of round steak from the freezer and was waiting for it to thaw for canning. I cut it up and canned 17 pints of meat in the pressure cooker! It really looks nice! I was down to one jar and we love that pre-prepared meat for spur-of-the-moment meals. All the while I was watching the canner (you can't just ignore a pressure cooker!) I was emptying cupboards and washing walls, shelves, woodwork, dishes, etc. I re-arranged cupboards and drawers and even though the meat takes 75 minutes once it reaches pressure, I still only completed about 1/3 of the kitchen cupboards and drawers. I was hanging out a mega bunch of laundry as well. I was thankful for a day with wind for it to dry. Got all that done and when the meat was finishsed I went out and weeded profusely in the garden. Got alot cleaned up but not nearly all of it and that's the third weeding in a row!

Discovered that the green beans are ready again, so after getting the laundry down, I picked those! Tomorrow I have to go pick corn and freeze that. The work is never-ending this time of year! I'll be ready for vacation at the end of the week! Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment