Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'M STILL HERE!

I've been too busy to post lately. That means spring is here for sure! Lots of interesting things going on, though. Will be back again soon! Hope you are all doing well!

I'd like to take a little poll among my readers (which I am suspecting are few :)) for a future post. The question came up the other day, "Do you sense a competitive spirit among churches in the US?" An interesting question to ponder. I'm curious what you think. I have some thoughts on the subject, some I got from unlikely sources. Comment if you can since I'm thinking of posting some thoughts on the subject in the near future.

Have a blessed spring! LORI

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure there is a competitive spirit among people...(some Christians included). Was a problem in N.T. times. Still is. Praying that "churches" remain focused on worship & equipping the body of Christ for works of service. In our community, I think there is a desire to cooperate and affirm the ministry of other churches particularly on the part of leadership....

    Our world is SO needy. There is no time for or excuse for competition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never gave it much thought really. I feel there is competiveness between people in ONE church...but I never thought out side that realm. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies for the comments. I think I will add my thoughts on this within a few days! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late, but I sense a competitiveness at all levels. Between denominations, between churches within a denomination and between individuals within the churches. In a large church such as ours it would be easy to be competitive between Sunday school classes as well, but I'm thankful the only thing I've seen like that is all in playful good fun and used to spur and motivate each other, not truly fight over members.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're right, Mary. I'm glad to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete