Friday, January 14, 2011

JANUARY PROJECTS

I am thrilled to share with you my first two paintings! Rhiannon got me a beginner's acrylic set for Christmas and I've been having such fun. I try to paint almost every day near the living room window where the afternoon sun comes shining in. I know I have a long way to go, but I feel like I've improved in just two projects.


The first painting I did was the hollyhocks. Emma and I were working together in the last blog post and that was the hollyhocks picture in its infant stages. The second painting was another country scene, the red barn against fall fields and dark stormy skies. These are the scenes of my country life.

With all the family history we've done, I've read about my grandmothers and great grandmothers who loved to paint. One great grandmother loved to paint the pansies that she grew every year. My own dear grandmother painted flowers and covered bridges. I remember seeing her paintings displayed all over her living room when I was a young girl. She once gave me a painting of poinsettias on a canvas. I wish I still had it, but somehow it was lost over the years.

Thanks for sharing my latest art attempts! Blessings, LORI


2 comments: