Thursday, January 6, 2011

ENJOYING FAMILY HOLIDAY TIME

Here is a picture taken during the recent Christmas sesason at our house. I wanted a lovley little picture of the girls in the dresses I made them--but Sophie was mad about posing! They had little coordinating dresses made from some leftover fabric I sewed up from a bridesmaid dress Rhiannon had made for a friend's recent wedding! I did some beading on the decorative ribbon and added a sparkly tulle skirt to each dress. They looked like snow princesses! Wish I had a good picture of them in their outfits.





I really like the picture of two budding artists! Rhiannon got me a watercolor painting set for Christmas. I've always wanted to learn to paint. I am enjoying it so much. If you know anything about painting, you can see I am going about it the wrong way! But I completed the picture today and I am quite pleased. Emma insisted on sitting very close to Granny and coloring on her own pictures! I loved it!







I also wanted to tell all my blog friends that during this Christmas season, we made one of the hardest decisions of our lives. Early in 2010, it seemed the Lord spoke to us about this being a year of awkward changes. There were many! Some of the biggest changes of our lives, like JT and Kori moving to Colorado and Clint's mom moving out of her home of 49 years all occurred this year. In addidion to that we had a big decision to make ourselves. We resigned the pastorate at NCCF--a position Clint has held for over 18 years. This decision was agonizing. He began a sabbatical upon the strong advice of our oversight in mid-November. Clint was burned out at that point and seriously needed to regroup. Through much prayer, counsel, and even things like prophetic words and dreams, we finally could see that God was directing that our time at NCCF was through. This decision was emotional to say the least. We read our letter of resignation on January 2. We will stay at NCCF for a short transition until the end of January. After that our plans are indefinite.



It would have been more comfortable for us had we had another job in place, but this time it seemed the Lord was asking us to take a big leap of faith. We do not know what we are to do next--still waiting on the Lord for direction! In the last year or so we had done some speaking outside our church. Clint is an evangelist at heart and hopes to be able to do more along those lines. If you know of any churches or groups wanting special speaking or a series of meetings--please suggest us!





Please pray for us as we come to mind. We will be seeking other employment and Michigan is not the best environment for that, but we trust that God will work beyond any of our limitations.



Happy New Year to you and many Blessings, LORI




6 comments:

  1. Lori, How good to hear a little about your holiday. The dresses sound precious! I KNOW you have much artistic ability. It will be interesting to watch you develop in your new medium! Holding you and your husband in our thoughts and prayers in this time of transition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rebecca! We appreciate the prayers! We've already been invited to do a weekend series of meetings way down near West Virginia in February. We are so excited! Hopefully the Lord will open more doors like this for us. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,
    I so know the steps of faith we take as we follow the Lord. Thanks for sharing your heart. I am so proud of you both for making this decision. People may not understand but truly God will open doors that you can not yet imagine. Blessings to you both.Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Meg! We are believing the EXACT same thing. In fact, I can testify to already having a clearer understanding of possibilities that I couldn't see just a short time ago. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot of this "transition" thing going on around us. I'm so excited to see God moving His people. His Kingdom is bursting with life it seems and I LOVE it! Congratulations on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Mary! We are believing for good things and to hear His direction!

    ReplyDelete