Sunday, October 31, 2010

STRANGE STUFF ON THE CLOTHESLINE AND SOMETHING IN THE DIRT!

I'm excited to finally get the pictures on the blog--the ones I wanted to post yesterday and because of technical difficulties, I could not!


You will notice my clothesline is decorated with my newest spun, skeined, and washed 100% Alpaca yarn! Whoopee! This is an accomplishment for me.
Also yesterday, Rhi and I planted 30 tulip bulbs. It is best to dig a big hole several inches deep and quite wide and sort of scatter them. It was a lot of work since our soil is not all that cooperative. It has quite a bit of clay and it's been dry here until the last few days. We are hoping for the best with the tulips come spring. We planted three varieties. They are Rhi's favorite flower and so she is really looking forward to them. If we can keep the critters from carrying them away, biting them off right before blooming, digging them up, etc., we'll be all set!
Hope you had a lovely Sunday. Readers--please post a comment on what your favorite flower is! I had a little guessing game last year about mine and no one guessed after alot of clues. Mine is hollyhocks. What are yours?

6 comments:

  1. I love the look of alpaca on the line. :)
    My favorite flower.......is well, I like most of them...but I like Zinnias ALOT. All colors and shapes and sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the tulips will look amazing! I really don't have a favorite flower which might be slightly abnormal but if I had to sit down and think about it I like different ones for different reasons and could never chose a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louellen, I planted alot of zinnias several years ago and thoroughly enjoyed them! And Kori, I should have stated the same sentiments as you and Louellen did, actually, there are so many I like. AMONG my favorites are white spirea, lilies of the valley, and old fashioned climbing roses. The hollyhock is really an enduring love of mine. I should have said my favorite was the EMMA ROSE! After all these years of gardening, I still haven't achieved the look of the cottage garden I long for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see if my tulips come up correctly! And I really can't wait to go back to Holland in May and order A LOT more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tulips, and I love peonies, and I love blue hydrangeas, and simple Gerber daisies...yeah...I'm with the rest of you, it's hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Mary. I love the hydrangeas too. I have a huge beautiful one that NEVER has bloomed. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

    ReplyDelete