Tuesday, November 2, 2010

PROJECTS


Just wanted to post a few pictures of some completed projects. Take a look at the socks I've been working on, finally done! I am fairly pleased with them, but am already planning on how to improve the next ones.



This really bad picture is of me pointing to the "I Voted" sticker I got right after we went to the polls yesterday. Clint and I made history yesterday, not just in voting--because I think this election was of historic proportions--but because he had to do a graveside service in the late morning and he asked me to help by reading scripture. That's why I'm all dressed up. We did the graveside service, visited with the bereaved family over a lunch and then went straight to the polls. Clint does lots of funerals, (like nearly 100 in his 18 year pastoring career) so that's not history-making, but the fact that I helped is! For some reason, he asked me to read scripture yesterday. I was glad to do that for him.


The final picture is of the squash we finally got baked and scooped and bagged for the freezer. We have one more squash to do. A friend from church gave us these lovely huge squashes. I love to make pie out of butternut squash. We got three very generously packed quarts so far. One more fall project out of the way. Yesterday we also got most of the garden ornaments, lawn furniture, and various piles of leaf debris taken care of in the yard so we are pretty much ready for winter. Are you all ready for the snow to fly? Blessings, LORI












3 comments:

  1. What a busy day you had! Great idea to have squash preserved for pies! We did the lawn furniture thing last weekend....

    I traveled to pick up our grandsons and will return 1/2 way to IL for them to meet other grandparents. Their parents are in Ethiopia for court appearance to adopt a little girl....So the next few days will be spent playing games & doing crafts, reading books, and a few outdoor chores - like picking up walnuts - if it warms up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute socks!
    My daughter will have to look into why this computer doesn't always show all of your pictures. Maybe I don't have something loaded right.
    Our 'new' laptop died and went back to laptop repair heaven...so we are on the 'old' desk top again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playing games, doing crafts....I wish mine were here! We've been missing them alot, Rebecca! Enjoy yours!

    Thanks for the compliment on the socks, Louellen. I can only hope the picture you couldn't see was the AWFUL one of me! If I really look that bad, I need to put a bag over my head. I'm not the most photogenic person anyway, but that was pretty scary. I wanted to post the pic to make a point that voting was important and part of my "historic" day, otherwise, that pic would have remained in my private collection only!

    ReplyDelete