Friday, October 8, 2010

A VIEW FROM OUR HOTEL





Though these pictures are a bit out of order, bear with me. Pike's Peak had snow on the top this morning. I couldn't resist taking a picture as I was out for my walk. That's the last picture.

The picture of me standing by the sign was taken on Wednesday just after we crossed the state line of Colorado. The really bad one of me by the fence was taken just outside of Colorado Springs this morning when Clint took me on a "fiber hunting" expedition. I found a WONDERFUL store with more roving than I've ever seen in one place in my life. They had looms, spinning wheels, and dye materials as well as a complete knitting shop. I bought one ounce each of white and gray Blue Faced Leicestershire to spin.

I should mention that we went as visitors to a session of the leadership/minister's conference at Charis Bible College last night. The service was wonderful. We got to hear Andrew Wommack preach. This was a big deal for me since I really enjoy his teaching. My son, being a first year student, was helping out as an usher. It was an experience I'll never forget. The Lord has really blessed me in the last few years to be able to meet or see several of the very famous Christian ministers. A few years ago we met John Hagee on a trip to San Antonio. We attended his church and then met him afterwards. I also met Lisa Bevere and Natalie Grant while in England. Our contacts with Resurrection Life Churches based in Grandville, Michigan has allowed us to meet other nationally known Christians as well. This has been a huge blessing to meet the faithful people that God is mightily using in the world today. Oh, to be used by God to win souls! May it be so! Blessings, LORI

2 comments:

  1. No pictures of the Blue Faced Leicestershire to spin...... ? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! Will do that soon! Maybe I'll talk the family into taking me back there before we leave and I'll buy more of something. I could have stayed there looking for hours!

    ReplyDelete