Friday, October 8, 2010

MORE OF THE EVOLUTION OF A SOCK


As you can see, something went wrong in the evolution of the sock (is that a surprise?). Is this a mutation? It's more like survival of the fittest! It's a whole new sock! I hope you readers know that I'm making a statement here. I obviously don't believe in evolution. The more I read and learn the more the theory is completely unbelievable to me, though for years after being in school, I didn't question it.

I actually decided that the pattern was too difficult and got tired of the agony of it. This one is going better.

Little disclaimer: Never knit in the car while traveling. I have a friend who is an emt who alerted me to the dangers. You can only imagine the possible ramifications of a front seat knitter in a crash. However, obviously these pictures were taken in the car on our way out west.

This sock is made of a wool/acrylic blend and I love it. It is a heathered blue/brown with a little lace edge (that's what attracted me to it.) If I had read the preliminary instructions more closely, I'd have avoided a few mistakes. The second sock will be better. I had one of the double pointed needles that didn't match and lo and behold after I had knit quite a bit I realized it was a slightly different size. (I'm not known for perfection on some things. I have a huge assortment of old needles and will use mismatched to avoid purchasing--this time it backfired!

Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment