Saturday, October 9, 2010

KNITTING IN THE HIGH COUNTRY







Here are some pictures of our "tour" today into the mountains. It was incredibly beautiful scenery. We went to a state park and took our family pictures for our annual Christmas cards.

With this beautiful scenery, I couldn't resist having my picture taken with the wool I bought and the sock I was knitting. I know, it's a little weird, but that's my idea of a fun time--knitting and the beautiful wilderness! To me, wool and the colors of the earth go hand in hand. If you read my blog often, you've heard me say that I often look across the landscape and enjoy the colors of our cornfields back home or whatever scenery we see and think of wool, dyed in those shades.

The other evening when we were at the minister's conference, during worship we sang the Hillsongs song that everyone loves, "Shout to the Lord." As I was singing I was humbled at the lines that speak of the works of God's mighty hand. I suddenly thought to myself, 'I spend a great deal of time in my life with my handiwork, but it is NOTHING to the handiwork of God that is to be seen in creation.' This week has been a great reminder of that. No matter how intricate the work is that I am doing, He has done something so much greater in this beautiful creation! Blessings, LORI

3 comments:

  1. Lori, I'm sure that pictures can only capture a FRACTION of the beauty you are feasting on these days! I'm SO glad you have the pictures of you with your knitting. What a marvelous background - and to think that WE - YOU - are His Masterpiece!

    I DO sing for joy at the work of His hands... FOREVER I'll love You, forever I'll stand. Nothing compares to the promise I have in YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the picture and encouraging words! Wow!

    ReplyDelete