Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A BUSY FALL DAY

We are having beautiful fall weather here in southern Michigan! These are a few of the last flowers abloom in my garden.



Today's To-Do List:

  1. Read Bible and Pray
  2. Finish and hang out one load of wash
  3. Iron three of Clint's dress shirts
  4. Make homemade beef barley soup
  5. Bake bread
  6. Do minor cleaning chores

Do church-related phone work

Attend funeral luncheon with Clint

Clean at the church for a short while

Thankfully, I finished it all!

I will be posting the recipe for the Amish Frosting that I used on the chocolate cake on the next post. Stay tuned! Blessings, LORI

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Lori! Some days are just "chuck full". I'm assuming you make your bread from scratch? I have a breadmaker and that's about the best I do. I DO enjoy making it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Rebecca, I do make my own bread--when I make it! I had a bread maker given to us by a friend. I could never get the bread to turn out like theirs did no matter what I did. Their bread maker bit the dust and they took the one back from us. I was ok with seeing it go! I kept telling Clint I could make better bread by hand. I know some people do a great job with a bread maker, I just was not getting it for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I COULD bake better bread "by hand". I got hooked on this one particular bread made with oatmeal and buttermilk powder. My sister-in-law (a very "from scratch" person) made it once when we were there and the rest is history :)

    By the way, she DOES make bread "by hand", too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I make bread around here it seems to be a hit. I'm having to stay away from it right now since I am in a dieting mode right now. I'm curious, you followers....what is the favorite mode of breadmaking among the rest of you--by hand or by machine? Let's hear some discussion on this!

    ReplyDelete