Monday, September 27, 2010

I'VE BEEN CALLED ALOT OF THINGS LATELY!

How do you like my new dress? Amazingly I finished this dress during Fair week! Clint's 30th class reunion was Saturday night and I needed something to wear. My wardrobe is in serious trouble right now!

I threw this together quickly. It was a lingerie pattern for the underdress and the "Afternoon Tea Dress," tunic pattern by Folkwear for the black overdress. I had just enough black lace for the tunic and couldn't even put the pattern pieces on correctly with the grain. It turned out exceptionally well despite the "issues" and the stripes in the lace pattern look great running on a diagonal. I put black lace down the center of the dress as well. The main dress fabric is a polyester sort of dark mallard green, shimmery with raised roses in the weave.

It worked out really well that I was able to get my hair done earlier in the afternoon. I am a terrible hair fixer and cannot do anything creative with my very long hair. I was happy with the updo that I had done.

Someone at the class party commented that I looked a "cameo." I took that as a compliment since I love old-fashioned jewelry. I told them I'd been described as a hippie only a few weeks ago! Earlier in the week a new acquaintance saw my husband at the Fair and told him I was a "sweetie." Someone at the reunion also said that my style is like a "gypsy." What I really want to be known as is a "fine Christian." I want to be so like Christ that it is obvious to all that I serve Jesus. My identity needs to be "in Him." Wouldn't you want that as well?

Clint does alot of funerals and one thing he notices is how people are remembered. I want to be remembered most of all as a follower of Christ. I have literally known people who seem to have the radiance of Christ all over their countenance. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Blessings, LORI

4 comments:

  1. Lori, I SO admire your sewing skills! You look lovely in your new dress! And YES--I, too, want it to be obvious to everyone that I serve Jesus.

    Amazing, that you could sew a dress with the fair activities going on all week. Where was the class reunion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Saturday night the class reunion was held at a local private club overlooking one of our beautiful lakes. We had a very nice catered dinner. It was pretty cool because the mc of the class is a preacher--4 people in the class became pastors. Much Christian witness was put forth that evening. The next day at 2pm we had a family picnic, but though fun, unfortunately only 8 class members showed up. Some brought family along. And as for the dress, I should mention that I had to do a little quick "surgery" on it right before leaving for the dinner--the lack of time left little time for fitting and correcting fit issues. Will be doing some more permanent repair soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are ravishing in that dress girl and I am sure you were a wonderful Christian witness but what does that really look like in the everyday life of an American Pastor's wife? Beats me but I would say someone who loves her husband and family, does for others, believes God for all things and stands on the word of Truth and humbly admits when she is wrong.! You look great!!! Hope you had a wonderful time. Love ya Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to both of you for the lovely comments. Meg, I guess as a pastor's wife, it's just like you said, great thoughts. I rarely get a chance to "witness" outside in the real world. It happened numerous times this week as I worked at our fair demonstrating spinning. For me, the witnessing goes more along the lines of usually being asked what our particular church is like! That's what pastor's wives get. Another thing is that it's good for people to know that even as a pastor's wife I am a real person and not unreachable. Rebecca; I realized from your comment that you probably suspected that picture was taken at the dinner--it is actually in my parlor. Blessings to both of you!

    ReplyDelete