Saturday, June 5, 2010

MORE GARDEN PICTURES!

Here are a few more pictures of the garden in recent days!




I am keeping busy with weeding, though I never get ahead of it all! Still, things are really pretty right now. I hope you enjoy seeing the flowers.

We have been really busy around here with the care of the lawns and also just the extra activities of summer. Our big ladies' tea party, "Elegance on a Shoestring," will be held next week and that's keeping me hopping. I will be taking lots of dishes and food to the church about next Wednesday!

Ladies were asked to hostess a table, decorate it and invite guests. I will be making tea and we will have a chocolate fountain. We are also having a few special children's tables. The ladies from the church are bringing dishes to pass--light, fancy tea foods were suggested. Then we will go into the sanctuary for the "I got it at a garage sale fashion show." Several ladies, both young and old are planning to model outfits that they purchased from garage sales, thrift stores, or made themselves. The entire evening is designed to be an "economy beating," event, proving we can have fun and be elegant even in an economic downturn. All the food will be donated, costing the church $O. Mabye I'll be able to post some interesting pictures after the big event next Thursday. We even plan to have a clothing, purse, jewelry exchange. Ladies are asked to bring an unwanted item and then feel free to take one in exchange giving everyone a chance to get something new for nothing! Sound like fun? Details next week! Blessings, LORI

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea. Love the fashion show idea. It will surely be an interesting display.

    Your flowers are really showing off aren't they? They should have a fashion show too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, It was nice of you to stop by my blog and tell me about yourself. Always nice to make new friends in blogland. How blessed you must feel to have 18 acres to farm and garden. I only have half an acre but I garden every inch that I can. Sounds like you and the ladies will have fun. I have my ladies breakfast once a month and we too try to find new things to do to be a blessing to one another and also grow in grace. Blessings friend. Meg

    ReplyDelete