Monday, June 14, 2010

My Vegetable Garden


Here is a picture of my veggie garden with the herbs in the center. I am loving this garden this year! It's actually fun to work in it considering that I can get it all cleaned up in about 20 minutes! Sorry this picture is blurry.I was standing on a very tall ladder trying to get the whole view!

You can see our field in the background. This year it is in field corn.

As you look at my garden in this picture, the front rows are potatoes and rhubarb, the raised beds are onions, strawberries, green beans, tomatoes, watermelon, radishes and peas. Behind the beds are more potatoes and the two new heavy duty fences. I have cucumbers and hollyhocks back there as well as okra (which is not doing very well). I also have some squash and pole beans against the fence. More flowers that climb were planted there and they are coming up. Just yesterday the hollyhocks began to bloom! Hooray!

Do you like the birdhouse on the pole? The birds spend lots of time in my garden. I love them and their cheery songs. In case you can't see, there are herbs of all kinds planted around the pole. I also have pole beans and morning glories there with a huge rock in the middle. I planted marigolds around the rock.

After I weeded and tilled the garden today I worked on the English garden. As well as that I did alot of cooking, two loads of laundry, and worked on my thrid and fourth books! This was a really busy day!

I hope you enjoyed the visit to my garden. We are currently eating radishes, pea pods, onions, and strawberries from its bounty! Blessings, LORI

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! One of our neighbors has a garden...I saw it for the first time this morning riding my bike on the road behind their house. I am jealous. The slope is too steep at our house for me to try it, but maybe someday either we'll move or I'll be able to afford to put terraces in that I can garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! Wow, I wish you could see the garden I just walked through--belonging to my hairdresser. Her baby's breath plants--3 of them were BIONIC! Everything else was great looking as well. A real treat. Wish I could share it with all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your garden looks amazing! Of course I love it because it looks organized :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kori! If it looks organized it is the only thing I have that is organized! You know me!This is why I keep thinking you need a "knot garden." They look very, very organized. In fact they wouldn't be a knot garden if they weren't!

    ReplyDelete