Saturday, June 26, 2010

NATURE'S LACE--PART 2--Color!

Here are a few more pictures of Nature's Lace! The tiger lilies are the excpetion--not particularly lacey, they are beautiful and we couldn't resist capturing them on film. They are abundant this time of year.

I am trying to cultivate more of the "Liatris," the tall spikey purple flower. I love how it adds to a cottage garden. This picture is the pods of the "Love in A Mist" or Nigella. It freely self seeds and as well as being lovely, it's even beautiful and intricate after the flowers close into seed pods. I usually press several for my pressed flower pictures.

Also pictured are "Milkweed" and "Lady's Mantle." I love the dusty color of the milkweed flowers. As a knitter and spinner, I see nature in "yarn." I know that sounds weird, but I often see flowers or scenes along the roadside (especially in the fall) and think, 'now that would make a beautiful color combination for a knitted sweater or bit of hand-spun, hand-dyed wool! Milkweed always reminds me of a nice hand-knit sweater.

I hope you have enjoyed the flowers and especially the ones that remind me of nature's lace! Blessings, LORI




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE when the tiger lilies come out! I love just driving down the road and seeing them all over the place!

    ReplyDelete