Monday, November 30, 2009

A NEW TITLE

Hi, everyone! Yes, you are on the blog that used to be "LORI'S BLOG!" I hope you noticed the new title today! For many days, I've been pondering changing the name of my blog. I wanted to include something unique and catchy since so many of the wonderful blogs I follow have cute, descriptive names.

I finally landed on "FILIGREE FROM FIELDS AND FENCES" in a moment of inspiration during one of my recent walks. Please let me explain. As you know, "FIELDS AND FENCES" will now be the title of my first book series with the addition of the sequels. Ok, you may say, but what about "Filigree?" I am a very complex person, enjoying a number of unusual artistic pursuits in needlework and etc. I have always loved filigree in jewelry. Filigree is an object of lacelike complexity. So much of my life is wrapped around the arts of lacemaking, needlework, design. I love intricate designs in clothing, furniture, dishes, and so forth. It seemed that "filigree" would describe my writing as well and therefore be appropriate to the many varied thoughts that intertwine on my blog posts. So, "FILIGREE FROM FIELDS AND FENCES" sort of describes the country thoughts that I post. I hope you like it!

Hopefully by tomorrow, I'll have more interesting pictures to post of the "green dress" progress!

As Christians we can be so thankful that in Jesus our "title" has changed. Once sinners, we are now born again with a new identity! Isn't that wonderful?! Ponder this verse from 2 Corinthians 5:21..."For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." Isn't that great news? My identity has totally changed since I became a Christian. Now I can be identified with the righteousness of God because of being "in Him," a follower of Jesus! Jesus is righteous and His sacrifice covers me! What a great transfer! So today to announce the new blog title, I wanted to encourage my friends to think about what Jesus will do for you--give you a new title! Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment