Tuesday, November 10, 2009

AN ENCOURAGING SCRIPTURE VERSE

HE BRINGS OUT THOSE WHO ARE BOUND INTO PROSPERITY; BUT THE REBELLIOUS DWELL IN A DRY LAND. PSALM 68:6
**********
We are having a busy week here at the Zehr house. I so much wanted to post the rest of my Tennessee pictures for you to see, but we had trouble yesterday with getting the rest on the computer. Today my daughter woke up feeling under the weather and was not able to go to the library with me to try posting them again. She is fighting a sore throat and chills. I also ended up taking my mom to visit a surgeon on the spur of the moment when I discovered she was feeling sick again this morning. This resulted in us getting a surgery scheduled for her some days before we anticipated. Later this week she is scheduled for surgery and that means that the picutres may be a few days later than I intended with all that's going on.

But in the meantime, I was reading my Bible, going through several of the scriptures that I had underlined, when I happened upon several that were specifically encouraging along the lines of economic prosperity. They are certainly timely words for this day and age and the current economic conditions that threaten folks.

Notice in the verse above, Psalm 68:6, that the Bible declares that the Lord brings out those who are bound or trapped by something. Sometimes when economic adversity threatens, you can feel like you have no way out. Maybe you have a house that you need to sell, but it remains unsold. If you could you would move where there are better jobs, but you don't have the money to make a move. Maybe you have a job, but conditions in the job are not as good as you'd like but lack of education or whatever prevents you from moving forward. Possibly you are in debt and feel "bound" by the feeling that it is overwhelming. Maybe like so many right now, you simply need a job and there are none to be found. Whatever it is, these kinds of things make a person feel hopeless. The scripture declares good news to us that the Lord brings His people out of this condition of hopelessness and into PROSPERITY!! Isn't that a great promise to stand on? He is working for my prosperity even if it looks impossible and hopeless on the "earth-end" of things.

Take heart in this scripture today. Let is minister hope and courage to you. Believe for better days. Until I can post more trip details, Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment