Monday, May 4, 2009

A Well-Watered Garden

Finally today I had to start the arduous task of watering the gardens. Once this starts it seems to never end. Two days of sun and wind and my plants are crying for a drink. Clint hauled the three hoses out from the barn for me, but they were miserbly tangled. After a half hour's work of untangling them, I turned on the sprinkler. No water came out except at the end of the first hose where a lovely fountain gushed. The hose was full of holes! Re-do all the hoses and re-organize the layout. A long time later I got the watering started. Although I moved the hose three times, the entire garden did not get watered yet. Gardening tip: Lay your garden out in the early stages with watering in mind! Make sure you have the garden shape conducive to watering with the amount of hoses you have. See to it that you can easily water whole sections without alot of moving the sprinkler around. Funny I never thought of that the day I was whipping that tiller around 4 years ago and cutting into the sod to form a beautiful, curving garden!

I was privileged to find two lovely used gardening encyclopedias today for a friend's birthday gift. They were at bargain prices and in mint condition! Thank you, Lord!

I noticed my onions are poking up throught the ground and the little breaks in the hard ground at even intervals indicate that the potatoes' first leaves are about to break through and sprout up. How exciting. Seems like it hasn't been long enough, but how time flies when you're working diligently every day! I guess it's been quite a while since that first row of potatoes were put in.

Well, a few more thoughts on watering. In Isaiah 58:11, the scripture states: And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat they bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

It is a lovely thought to be like a watered garden. A watered garden is always growing and producing. I believe the Holy Spirit is likened to water many times in the scripture. Jesus said that rivers of living water would flow in the believers. When our soul is satisfied in times of drought it is because of the Holy Spirit living in us. Will we yield to His influence or remain in drought? Consider the importance of soul-watering today as you respond to the call of the Holy Spirit. I hope to give a few more thoughts tomorrow on the Holy Spirit being compared to water. Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment