Friday, May 15, 2009

Long time, no blog! Well, I got real busy the last few days. We finished planting the vegetable garden on Thursday. We had such lovely weather that it was almost unbelievable. Rhiannon and I got busy and planted all our tomatoes, melons, and three rows of green beans. Now today it has rained so much that I hope things don't wash away.

Our weather cooled off a bit and there was certainly no outdoor work to be done in this rain. I hope it quits soon as it takes our yard a good time to dry out. The soil is predominantly clay and holds the moisture more than we'd like.

Yesterday one of my chickens came up missing. Yes, the chicken disappeared. I think a hawk took her away. The birds have been finding places in the fence to escape the pen and while I was gone to town getting groceries I suspect one of them got out and was vulnerable. Mom and Aunt Betty reported seeing several hawks yesterday and it stands to reason that one snatched a chicken. Now I am down to 4 hens. I got real nice eggs today, though, so I'm thankful for that. One was quite large and may be a double yolk. I am stockpiling the eggs since I think the chickens are not long for this world!

This morning Rhiannon and I got real busy and cleaned the house before we had to head to an 11 o'clock funeral. Our weekend is pretty busy, planned up with all kinds of events from start to finish. We have a guest speaker coming to church on Sunday and we will be having him here for dinner following the service. This means some extra cooking and preparation plus getting the house in order. Tomorrow I hope to pot the plants for the porch baskets and finish the 70's dress. We'll see if it all gets done. Sunday will be busy with worship practice at 8:30 and then service, company for lunch, and worship practice again at 4:00. Back to work on Monday and another week starts.

Not much else to tell right now except that JT, Kori, and Emma came over for supper tonight and we had a great time reading to Emma and playing. Hadn't seen them much all week and it's always great to get together.

Hope you will all have a nice weekend and enjoy the blessings of the Lord as you serve Him! Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment