Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hi, everyone! Lovely weather we're having, though a bit cool. I had to cover plants last night and probably will again tonight as well. Hoping for warmer weather. I've discovered that warmer temperatures, for the most part, make everything in life easier with the exception that they do create yard work!

I have lots of my favorite flowers blooming right now. The lilies of the valley are out and the spirea popped out yesterday. Irises are opening and soon the shasta daisies will follow. We bought two really nice cup and saucer flowers and they are loaded with blossoms. Very pretty.

For a couple of days we had lots of rain and I feared for my newly planted vegetable garden. Sometimes seeds can actually wash away if the rains are intense enough. I think we made it through without a problem. My tomatoes and melons look like they held up ok. My neighbor has a garden that's largely under water right now and I feel sorry for them.

Today was really busy. Actually the whole weekend was busy. We had a funeral in the family on Friday. A distant relative of Clint's passed away and Clint preached the service. We had a guest speaker this morning for church and then he came to the house for dinner. I spent most of yesterday fixing food. I baked rolls and made two homemade pies--butterscotch and chocolate. We are cream pie fans in this family and make them alot. I wrapped a bunch of potatoes to bake last night and fixed a salad as well. It doesn't sound like much, but added in with laundry, touch up cleaning, setting the table, and yard work, it was plenty. The church had our annual clean up day yesterday morning and early afternoon and I never even made it over there. I could never have gotten the dinner preparations done had I gone.

In addition to all that, I tried to finish the 70's dress. I came real close, but not quite close enough. I had wanted to wear it this morning. I am not exactly sure what the fit will be like until I get the zipper in and can properly close it, but I was not satisfied with the look of it. I hope the little finishing details will change all that. Countless times that has happened to me. I assessed a grament before it was all done and then thought I'd never like it. But a miracle of sorts sometimes happens when you get it all done, add the high heels, the fixed hair, the jewelry. It can transform an outfit! I am hoping for that on this dress. We'll see.

Well, have a nice week. I hope you are all looking for ways to serve the Lord each day as you work, keep your home, or do whatever you do. Remember all Christians are ministers--or should be, not just the pastor. Look for those divine appointments and use them to the fullest. Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment