Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Weedin' With The Chickens!

The weather has been so warm! I took the opportunity after work tonight to do some more raking and weeding. Three hens joined me! My chickens are very personable. They are almost like pets!

Hoping to get a picture ready soon of my newest book--it is finally in print! THE CALL FROM A DISTANT FIELD is ready after a couple years of work. It is the third in my courtship fiction series. I wanted to get some copies in time for our church sale on March 25--a benefit sale for our missions in Uganda. It seemed an appropriate way to announce the book since the story takes place in Africa and the mission described in the book is involved in farming to feed the people. Our church has a similar mission in Uganda. I didn't know this when I wrote the book, since I was not attending this church at the time. It is such an amazing thing to me that I want to donate a book for the sale. The proof copy came through in an amazing 5 days--never before happened in my publisher's experience! It was a blessed effort, I am sure, since I found out about the benefit sale only days before the book was in the final stage of corrections. I am thanking the Lord for the results! Blessings, LORI

3 comments:

  1. I heard the weather has been awesome there! We have had some great weather too. Looking forward to you guys coming out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is unbelievable! We have to rake and get flower beds ready since the flowers were poking up so high already. We are looking forward to coming out too.

      Delete
  2. Hope the chickens did a good job, at least they will fertilise well!

    ReplyDelete