Tuesday, March 20, 2012

THE PROMISE OF NEW LIFE

I couldn't resist picking a bouquet of the stuff blooming in my yard. This spring is like none I have ever seen before in my 51 years (Saturday marks that date!). The warm temperatures are unheard of for March in our part of the country. I am a little concerned about what this will mean for the fruit crops, and other flowering items if we get a cold spell now.

I thought this little bouquet, not more than about 6 inches tall was a perfect picture to use when I mention some things that have been on my heart. Such promise exists each time a season rolls around and we think about another year of life. Let's not take it for granted. Things are escalating at a rapid rate in the realms of politics and world events--things I never imagined I'd see in my lifetime. I'm sure you've noticed. It's like the speed on a fan being turned up and things all around suddenly being swept into swift whirling.

Will you join me and make a committment (not to me of course, but to God and yourself) that you will pray every single day for our country and Christians around the world. May our light not go out. May we American Christians continue to be faithful and uphold truth. May we be a nation of truth and justice based on Christian principles. Without the basis of the Bible people lose their way; let us not be like children who have lost their way. Please pray for revival, first in your own heart and then in the hearts of your countrymen. It is time to unite in prayer for restoration. If you agree, drop me a comment and encourage the others who read. Blessings, LORI

3 comments:

  1. So true Lori, It's been amazing to see things unfold. I love that you compared it to spring though, because it's so easy to see it in a negative light.

    Our pastor has been preaching a series on the end. It's been very interesting. He's used a lot of information from the book "The Harbinger."

    Prayer is definitely part of the program for us. Prayer for America, prayer for Israel, prayer for Christians everywhere. It is THE difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! How encouraging! Haven't heard of that book, will have to check about it, especially since I work at a library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete