Tuesday, December 20, 2011

OUR CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

Welcome to Christmas in our parlor! The stockings are all hung by the.....piano??? with care??? Well, no mantle or chimney at our house! The tree is right next to the piano.






Our "pencil" tree. We had to go to a skinny tree ever since we moved into the new house. No place for a real full tree. I'm surprised we didn't think about space for a tree when we built this place after living in the Victorian for 10 years and going all out with a huge round 9ft. tree and four other trees elsewhere in the house!






Looking at the tree from this view, you see my fringe curtains that adorn the archway separating the living room and formal parlor. The parlor is one of my favorite rooms in the whole house, though I use it very little. Many of my family heirlooms and antiques are kept in there.


I hope you got to see my paper beads on the last post. I have some amazing pictures of the finished projects coming up soon.


I hope you are all ready for this most wonderful season when we remember Christ's birth! Blessings, LORI







3 comments:

  1. Paper beads? What am I overlooking????

    I could just sit and look and LOOK at the picture of your piano! It is SO very fascinating. Except for the weight of an upright, I'd love to have one to hang OUR stockings on!!!

    Joy to YOUR world this Christmas season, Lori! May God bless you with His peace and much favor rest on your entire household. ♥Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is very elegant! You also display some unique stockings! Do you play the piano? Trust you have had a joyous Christmas season with your loved ones, rejoicing in our Beloved Savior!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do play piano, though I seldom play MY piano. I play keyboard for the church worship team.

    ReplyDelete