Saturday, December 17, 2011

CHRISTMAS CRAFTING

Thanks to Rebecca for asking what I've been up to! As well as working many hours at the library, I've done some crafting for Christmas gifts. The first picture is me assembling one of the six or seven footed cake stands I made for gifts.

Using second-hand store glassware or dollar-store items, I glued "pedestals;" glasses, ice cream dishes, or candlesticks to the bases of pretty plates to create a footed dessert plate. I gave one to each of the ladies at work. The next picture shows a finished cake stand, complete with one of our miniature pound cakes made with eggs from our own hens! This is a very old recipe and requires a lot of beating. Kori, my daughter in law, made me one of these wonderful plates for Christmas and that's where I got the idea!








Next is an assortment of Christmas tree ornaments I found yesterday while shopping. The little frames were only 50cents each so I snatched two complete sets. I made up one for my mother in law and one for me using parts of Christmas cards for the pictures!










Yesterday, Rhiannon and I went shopping for a few gifts. I was interested in obtaining more candlesticks for making footed dishes. We ran onto a half price sale at Goodwill and I purchased these lovely candlesticks for $3.00! I intended to use them for cake stands until I brought them home, wasshed them up and saw how absolutely gorgeous they were. They are very heavy and etched. I will give them as a gift instead of glueing plates to them. They are quite tall, though you can't tell from the picture.





More projects coming up in the next few blogs. I trust you are all having a wonderful Christmas season! Blessings, LORI











1 comment:

  1. I KNEW you'd be up to some wonderful projects! I think you were wise to leave those candlesticks as they are - and I ♥ the idea of your pound cakes given on those lovely cake stands. The ornaments are great, too!

    Do you really mean you have more projects going on????

    ReplyDelete