Saturday, December 17, 2011

MAKING BEADS!

More of what I've been up to--making paper beads! Yes, paper! I learned how to construct beads from paper and have been enjoying this little craft now for the last month or so. I have an egg carton just filled with these potential necklaces! Round ones are the biggest challenge for me so far.







Beads from grocery sack style paper. Various pages from magazines. If you work with a page of a predominant color, you will get beads with a "marbled" effect of that color--these green ones, for instance.









This is a view of the larger assortment--only a few! Here are the first ones I made--still my favorites! They are a beautiful black/rose color and look like cloisonne. I have begun to string them with other beads for a necklace. The way I do the beads, several can be made from each page of a magazine. These particular beads were from a colorful picture of pink flowers in a garden catalog.







It's a fun hobby, but now every magazine and piece of paper looks like a potential necklace to me ! I have a hard time, especially at work where I am in charge of the periodicals. I view every page with a critical eye, wondering just how it will roll up into "jewelry!" It keeps me constantly experimenting with color schemes! Blessings, LORI





















1 comment:

  1. I remember so well, making these in younger years, then stringing them to make necklaces or making flowerette broaches and so forth. A very fun craft and relatively inexpensive too.

    ReplyDelete