Thursday, December 29, 2011

COLORADO COTTON CANDY AND BIG BUNCHES OF BEADS!

Here are two balls of finished hand spun. The large gray one is a little less than half the Icelandic I've been working on for a year. The little variegated ball is the "Colorado Cotton Candy" I spun up this week. See pics below for the "Cotton Candy" in the various stages of construction--reverse order! I am starting a lace scarf today using these two together as contrasts. Pictures coming in the future!











I'm excited to share pictures of the paper bead necklaces I've been making. I gave many away as Christmas gifts. This little craft is addictive! I can't wait to see what a magazine page will roll up to be! So far, my favorites are pages from gardening catalogs! Very bright!

























Next is the finished yarn from the roving I named, "Colorado Cotton Candy." I purchased this pretty bit of fluff on our last trip out west in September. I thought it looked like cotton candy. Sorry, for all you fiber enthusiasts, I think I threw the tag away and can't vouch for the exact fiber content, but I remember Merino, silk, and some rayon (the metallic blue thread, I think.)













Here is it in the process of spinning. I am not totally happy with my spinning at this point. I feel once it's plied, my yarn looks too "loose." Any tips? I think this turned out as a fingering weight or sport weight when it was done. There's not much of it and so it will have to be knit along with something else to make a project. I am thinking it will be pretty with a bit of the grey Icelandic I've been working on. I am pretty sure I can see grey Icelandic socks with this yarn as a design in the pattern! Blessings, LORI
































2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Lori!

    The beads are truly beautiful. I'm sure the recipients were thrilled with their gifts.

    Re. the spinning - I obviously have no suggestions, but I DO have some friends who might be able to help you.

    I CAN say that I think your skeins are gorgeous in color!

    Happy New Year, my friend. May you recognize God's blessings all around you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact you are spinning at all is impressive.

    ReplyDelete