Tuesday, August 30, 2011

FINE FARM FILIGREE AND FOUR FAT HENS

A bunch of "volunteer" marigolds in the middle of the garden! Aren't they bright?

I love this bit of filigree from the English Garden. The trumpet vine finally took hold and grew this year. The birdhouse with the beard is about to be engulfed. I just love this scene!



Who are you and what are you doing on my farm?





Roast chicken!








The bean pole in the veggie garden. Lots of herbs, beans, morning glories, and marigolds.


We are headed for Colorado Springs soon to see our grandbabies! So excited about that! Lots going on in our lives with job opportunities and so on. Clint starts a new part time job as soon as we get back from our trip. I will be working more hours this fall as well. My book is in the final stages of prep for publication and I am anticipating starting on our church's worship team in a month or so after a 9 month leave from music! Lots going on and lots to be thankful for! Rhiannon begins harvest tomorrow. The changing of seasons is evident in the air--another year about to close. It doesn't seem possible, but we are thankful for the many wonderful changes we've experienced this year! Blessings, LORI









1 comment:

  1. I like the trumpet vine. Might have to try one. Do they come back from year to year?

    Sounds like you have much to be thankful for. I can imagine how excited you are to see the new grandbaby and all the others, too. I pray for your safety and joy on the journey.

    ReplyDelete