Sunday, August 7, 2011

OUR NEW ACREAGE and ANOTHER KIND OF FILIGREE



This picture is our newly acquired acreage--13 3/4 acres of rolling hills right next to the 15.2 we purchased in April. This is a big blessing! We are strongly considering putting a house on this pretty property once we can sell our farm. How thankful we are to be able to obtain land right where we wished to re-locate! The first acreage to the west of this is VERY hilly with a decent amount of woods and a pond. This plot of ground is a bit less hilly and contains only smaller trees. We are happy about this!

I was asked to consider doing a ladies' Bible study and through prayer and many confirmations, I finally decided to "test-pilot" a study I had outlined when we were still pastoring. It will begin tomorrow evening and last for the next several weeks. It is a study for those who have been Christians for a while and want to go deeper in their spiritual walk. It will focus on various disciplines that create an atmosphere for growth in the Christian life. I decided to name the study, "Filigree." I love filigree and lace. Filigree is a delicate object of lace-like intricacy. I believe this is an appropriate name for the study since it will be delving into more complicated disciplines that hopefully produce a beautiful, intricate spiritual development! Pray for me! Blessings, LORI

5 comments:

  1. I'm very happy with/for you, Lori! I WILL pray for that Bible study. Spiritual disciplines is a subject I revisit frequently. I recently participated in a group that used Celebration of Discipline (R. Foster) as a springboard for our discussions. It was challenging and helpful to me. God bless you as you prepare and present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I've lost your email address and decided to comment here to ask you to email me and let me know how your first Bible study went. You were definitely in my thoughts/prayers on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It went well, Rebecca, thanks for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited for you getting the new property!!! I don't know if you can see the time but the only way I can get the time to read your posts is by staying up sooooo late. But I can do that tonight since Bobby's not here and I don't have to get up early. The land is beautiful and I know you have big plans for it. Keep dreaming! Where are you having the Bible study?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we have big plans! Planning to live there. The Bible study is at my house and it sounds like another lady is joining us already!

    ReplyDelete